Bandarawela is the second largest town in the Badulla District which is 30 km away from Badulla. Bandarawela is 200 km away from Colombo and about 125 km away from Kandy, the two capital cities of Sri Lanka. Compared to surrounding locations, Bandarawela has milder weather conditions throughout the year making it a popular tourist destination for locals and foreigners.
Weather is here bit cold for the all over the year & average temperature is 19 degrees Celsius.
- Ravana Water Falls – The Ravana Falls is a popular sightseeing attraction in Sri Lanka. It currently ranks as one of the widest falls in the country.
- Dhowa Rock Temple – is a protected heritage site in Sri Lanka, situated in the central mountains of the Uva province.
- Little Adam’s Peak
- Sri Lankan upcountry Train services
- Ella Rock – popular for hiking
- Adisham Bungalow
- Tea Plantations/Tea Factories